Tuesday 5 March 2013

DESIRED! Childhood Games Reinvented in Decor

It seems that in all the aspects of our lives we have the desire to go back to our roots, to reinvent the classics. Vintage is in, we incorporate nature more and more in our lives and homes, we take more care of the old stuff that in the past. With all the stress in our everyday super-tech existence it's pretty natural.

If we feel the need to say stop sometimes and cherish the simple things I think it's our duty to teach our kids the same.

When it comes to kids' rooms I go crazy for themes like "young explorer", "sports superstar", "nature lover", "enchanted forest" and so on, but I've never been a fan of going superhero/Disney princess all the way, from the carpet to the bedding, lampshade and curtains.  I believe we should give them all the chances to discover something else.

Or, at least, I hope you will rediscover your childhood activities below:

TIC-TAC-TOE

It just seems a lot more fun on a wall.

Via
HIDE AND SEEK

I had to spoil it by adding books in this story. :))
Via

JUMPING ROPE

Probably my favourite activity as a kid. What am I saying, I still use it, it's a great cardio. But seriously now, this painting is just beautiful.

Via
THE SPINNING TOP

Don't know where time went, but these became collectibles. They are nice, easy to incorporate decorating items. Simple, but still playfull.

Via
THE HOPSCOTCH

Probably the most versatile idea in this post, especially for floors. I do adore this choice more than the usual ones you find that are ultra- colourful.


Via
TAG

You're it! Oh, you saw that one coming! Anyway, pretty cool for your favourite active little boy.

Via

I will stop now. Thank you for clicking and reading, hope you found something you would desire.

Stay inspired!








No comments:

Post a Comment